When the AgChat Foundation was launched in April 2010, it was based on a lot of ideas farmers had around “empowering farmers and ranchers to connect communities through social media platforms.” That became the mission of the Foundation. These Agvocates (agricultural advocates) are the horsepower that created the AgChat Foundation and they are also the future of the organization. Projects and programs are building as fast as our volunteers & staff can get them done well. We have clear evidence of farmers and ranchers speaking up as well as individuals and companies offering financial and services support.
We also greatly appreciate new ideas from all community members to see how we can grow the number of farmers and ranchers who are agvocating. Please visit our ‘How We Benefit Agriculture’ page to read more.
So how can you get involved?
- Connect on Social Media: Connecting via social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest has been the first step for many.
- #AgChat & #FoodChat Conversations – Join us Tuesday evenings for #AgChat & #FoodChat (only held the third Tuesday of the month).
- Attend a regional or national training program.
- Financially support the AgChat Foundation and agriculture advocacy
- Outreach Programs
- Join “Ask the Farmers”
- Share why you agvocate on the AgChat Foundation blog.