Welcome to our first “30 Days” series inspired by Holly Spangler of FarmProgress! For our first series, we’ll be talking about 30 different topics or issues related to agvocacy and social media with some outstanding contributors. The goal of this series is to provide you with instruction and how-to help when you are advocating for agriculture and making connections to non-agriculture friends, family and even strangers.
We will offer topics which appeal to both advanced agriculture advocates and for those who are new to sharing their stories with eaters of all kinds. These topics will include trainings which are often requested by the community such as the basics of Twitter, resources for free photos, how to become a better writer, photo tips, blog post ideas and more. More advanced topics will include increasing your followers on Instagram, WordPress widgets, strategies for starting conversations in public and the use of LinkedIn. We’ll also address concerns such as bad bloggers, what do consumers really want to know, tips for promoting a pro-foodchoice view, advocating without undermining other farmers and ranchers and more.
We hope that you find the posts useful and insightful. As you find your favorites, be sure to send the resources on to your friends using the #AgChat and #30DayAgSoMe hashtags. Finally, tell us what you think! We want to be providing you, the farmers and ranchers who are telling their stories to connect with consumers, the right tools, tips and tricks.
- November 1: Welcome to the 30 Days of Agvocacy and Social Media
- November 2: Non-ag Hashtags You Should Be Watching
- November 3: My Secret Recipe for Reaching Beyond the Choir
- November 4: Free Photo Resources
- November 5: What DoYou Know About Hashtags?
- November 6: 3 Reasons to Use A Content Calendar
- November 7: How to Fund Your Trip to Collegiate Congress
- November 8:
- November 9: 3 Great Examples of “Thinking Outside the Farm”
- November 10: How to Create an Insta-farm or ranch on Instagram
- November 11: The Art of Content Creation
- November 12: Understand What You Can Afford to Optimize