How Are You Utilizing Conferences? Being able to get away from the farm or ranch to learn new ideas or hear a great speaker is a must. How do farmers and ranchers decide which conferences to attend? What do they want to see/hear? And what is the swage they want most? This AgChat conversation on Twitter shares some of their thoughts.
Complete Twitter conversation for AgChat on Ag Conventions, Trade Shows, and Conferences.
- How do you decide what shows/events to go to, figuring cost as well as time from farm?
- What is the best swag you have ever received at a show or conference?
- Has attending a machinery show ever finalized a decision on an equipment purchase?
- Do you attend events outside of #ag? What are they?
- What is the furthest you’ve travelled to attend conf/show etc? Was it worth it?
- How much does geography impact your ability to attend your favs (e.g. @FPShow & its 2 locations)?
- When attending a conference or trade show, do you use their mobile app? Does it work for you?
- What show/conf is on your dream/wish list to attend?
- What are some new & innovative workshops you’d like to see?
- Do you attend conferences and/or courses with other farmers? Young farmers? Which ones?
- What do you value the most at events: speakers, info shared or socializing?
- Does social media help or interrupt your conference/trade show experience?