Feeling High and Dry? In many parts of the US, water is taken for granted. But there are concerns about the future “easy access” to water. In the last few years the concerns about water for agriculture have gained national prominence, mainly through the news about fires and lack of hay for cattle. This AgChat conversation shares some thoughts on what farmers and ranchers are doing to take on the challenges the lack of water brings.
Complete Twitter conversation for AgChat on Water, Water, Water.
- What steps have any farmers have taken to improve water conservation on their farm?
- How do you prevent chemical and nutrient runoff on your farm?
- H2O is low cost for urban consumers. What are some of the H2O costs farms must absorb when farming?
- What types of technologies have you considered for water recycling or water management?
- What is the impact of the drought on Ag in California and across country?
- What types of ag production changes will result due to the SW droughts?
- What are your greatest challenges in terms of water availability, quality or cost for the farm/ranch?
- For stock producers, how are you reducing per head water usage without compromising welfare?
- Are farmers & ranchers using unmanned aerial systems to monitor water mgt on their farms?
- What’s your biggest water concern over the next 50 years?