What are No Till and Cover Crops? With #AgChat guest from Indiana’s Conservation Cropping Systems INitiative, this conversation shared how cover crops work and described what no till does for crops.
Complete Twitter conversation for AgChat on No Till and Cover Crops.
- What does the term ‘no-till’ actually mean for you? (this is an open questions for all)
- What does the term ‘cover crop’ mean to you?
- How do cover crops affect your plant nutrition program?
- How does one prepare virgin land with lots of grass for no till? Approaches or strategy to keep in mind?
- Why are you using — or not using — cover crops in your farm?
- What are the results of using radishes alongside cover crops? Any personal stories?
- What do consumers need to know more about cover crops and no-till?
- Biologicals are gaining traction lately,but notill helps soil biology. Do you plan to try biologicals on farm?
- Can extra $ (profit) be gained by farmer using cover crops/no-till?
- Can cover crops work with full-width or reduced tillage, e.g., chisel plowing? Stories? Thoughts?
- How would you suggest farmers incorporate the idea of using cover crops/no-till in their consumer marketing?
- With no till, how much more chemicals are needed, compared to tilling&chemicals? Are chemicals needed for both?
- What kind of data/research on cover crops would you find useful?
- Who are your leading cover crop experts in real life (IRL) & on Social Media?
- What is the one take away you will share with others from tonight’s ?