Are Your Grain Bins Safe? Farms are fun places to be but they have their hazards. Farm equipment, grain bins, and sharp equipment can hurt, even kill people. Being safe is something that requires planning and practice. This AgChat conversion on grain bin safety during Grain Bin Safety Week (#GBSW14 ) looks into what farmers and ranchers are doing to keep people safe at all times.
Complete Twitter conversation for AgChat on Grain Bin Safety.
- Have you ever had kids or teens sneak anywhere onto your farm in to play or explore?
- How do you prevent unauthorized entry and how do you inform farm visitors about your safety policies?
- What have you done to increase safety for you and others on your farm?
- What do you teach children/family/employees about farm safety that you were never taught?
- What are the reasons that workers must enter a grain bin?
- What precautions do you take before entering a grain bin? If none, why not?
- How have you modified your grain bins or other equipment to improve safety?
- What grain bin rescue plan do you have in place? Is it in writing?
- What new technologies should be used to minimize or prevent grain bin entrapment?
- Takeaway: When was the last time you checked your farm safety plan and insurance policies?