What is the value of UAVs in Agriculture? UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) and UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems) are the rage in many industries. In agriculture it is a tool that can help scout fields and assess crops. But the regulations are murky. What are farmers and ranchers allowed to do and when will the US catch up to what other countries are allowing their citizens to do? This AgChat on Drones, UAVs, and Toys highlights some of the thoughts.
Complete Twitter conversation for AgChat on Drones, UAVs, or Toys?.
- The US law states #UAS devices can be used for personal use. What abt commercial use? Should I pay a company to scout my fields?
- It’s not legal to fly UAV commercially. Privately I can fly one on my property. What biz value can I getflying my own?
- What are some novel uses for #UAS in livestock operations?
- Is it drone, uav, or remote controlled aircraft? What s term to use & does it matter?
- Other countries have been making the #UAS tech work safely for decades, why can’t the U.S. make it happen?
- Is the technology out there to have completely automated flight & recharging? I’m thinking UAV=scarecrow
- What are some good options for cameras in ag applications?
- Legally doesn’t the landowner has right to the airspace above property to low air lanes?
- What are the use restrictions on personal #UAS?
- As a farm biz, what do u see #UAVs offering u that u can’t get/cost too much now but w/ UAVs will be cheaper?
- What are the regulations in Canada & how can the US learn from their neighbors?
- How can we mend fences with the gen public so #UAS devices are viewed positively?
- What tips do prospective #UAS owners need to know?