Good School Lunches: Oxymoron? Does the phrase School Lunch give you visions of the lunch lady, mashed potatoes, and the blobby bag of chocolate milk pop into you head? This FoodChat conversation takes on the idea that school lunches are not bad and can be great for kids’ health and daily diet.
Complete Twitter conversation for FoodChat on School Lunches.
- What was your favorite school lunch meal when you were in school?
- School lunches are getting healthier, what innovative things are you seeing @SchoolMealsRock
- Have you eaten lunch at your child’s school? What has been your experience?
- Let’s check out the tray! What does it mean to meet @USDA standards for school lunches @SchoolMealsRock?
- Does your school participate in a Farm to School program?
- The USDA has been criticized on that the amount of calories school lunches are limited too. What are your thoughts?
- There have been concerns about the amount of protein offered. Are you finding this to be a problem in your school?
- Tell us about the #GoGreekInSchool program @SchoolMealsRock.
- How does Greek yogurt differ from regular yogurt?
- Would your kids think Greek yogurt in the school’s rocks?
- Should parents support going Greek (yogurt) in the schools? How can they do that?
- if you send homemade lunches, do you send Greek yogurt? Send along any mix ins?
- Do you think schools should be able to dictate what is brought in homemade lunches?
- Does your school offer healthy options outside of the lunch room? Sports concessions, vending machines, etc
- What can parents and community members do to make sure school meals stay healthy?