Farms Can Be Dangerous, Stay Alert Farms use heavy equipment, large buildings, and moving parts. The weather can shift and people sometimes are not alert. Farm safety must be on every farmer’s and rancher’s mind. Being prepared is a must.
Complete Twitter conversation for AgChat on Farm Safety.
- What are you teaching young people about #FarmSafety that you were never taught?
- How do you teach fuel safety (diesel, gas, propane) to #farm employees, visitors & kids?
- What are the most important steps to ensure #FarmSafety for farmers/ranchers, employees and visitors?
- Are there #FarmSafety programs available from your insurance carrier or others?
- What are the most dangerous #FarmSafety risks and hazards on the farm/ranch?
- What accidents have you prevented this year through a FarmSafety program?
- What near accidents had the biggest impact on how you farm?
- What #FarmSafety tips can you give farmers/ranchers who allow school and other outside visits?
- How should liability and workers comp insurance be part of a #FarmSafety program?
- What #FarmSafety issues need more national attention?