Wacky Weather or Normal From Here on Out? There is lots of news on how the weather is changing and what farmers are having to work through. This AgChat explores how weather weighs on decision of what to plat and when to plant it.
Complete Twitter conversation for AgChat on Wacky Weather.
- What wacky weather (if any) are you having / expecting this season?
- How do you determine what is a ‘normal’ weather pattern?
- Is our wacky weather really wacky or just a ‘normal’ pattern or a real shift in seasons?
- Whats your most amazing wacky weather story?
- Has climate change effected the types of crops your area can/not plant?
- What long-range weather forecast tools do you use (like the Farmers Almanac) to plan this season?
- What folklore signals do you use for weather forecasts – frog chirping, moon phases, groundhog shadows, etc.
- How late in the season can you reasonably plant corn/soybeans before changing crop strategy?
- Why does Oklahoma seem to have some of the craziest weather?
- Are there ways (besides crop insurance) to min your extreme weather related risk?