Ask A Farmer or Rancher What do you want to know about farming, ranching, or agriculture? This #FoodChat focused on helping non-farm, non-ranch people learn more about who live and work on ranches and farms. Find out about how things get done and discover what people in agriculture think about some hot ag topics.
Complete Twitter conversation for FoodChat on Ask A Farmer or Rancher.
- How do farmers/ranchers decide which foods to grow/raise?
- As consumers/customers what concerns you most about the food system?
- How often do farmers/ranchers change their practices to meet consumer demands
- Do you buy organic foods, why or why not?
- How can consumers work with producers to keep costs down and profits positive for farmers & ranchers?
- How can I get my local grocery to carry local produce?
- What are your thoughts about high fructose sugar versus natural cane sugar products?
- How long does it take between picking produce and moving it to the stores?
- How can I as a consumer discover what is behind a product at the grocery store?
- Is there a way to explain what ‘big agriculture’ or ‘industrial agriculture’ is or is not?
- What are the business issues farmers face today? How do they affect consumers?