What is Agriculture in America This #AgChat special worked with partners to bring a follow on conversation to a special supplement that USA Today inserted in major media markets titled Agriculture in America on November 30, 2012 [PDF].
Special thanks to USA Today, Mediaplanet USA, AgCareers.com, AgLocal, Bayer CropScience, Case IH, Hagie Manufacturing, I Love Farmers~They Feed My Soul, Jeff Fowle, Meyer Hatchery, Mike Haley, National FFA, Ray Prock, STIHL Incorporated and USFRA for their support and assistance.
- What is the most common customer question farmers and ranchers are asked about?
- What examples can you provide of ag peeps connecting to non-ag folks thru social media?
- Do farmers support programs letting consumers know farmer who produced their food?
- #AgInAmerica meant to raise awareness in non-farm Americans. What would u like farmers to do next?
- How has the role of women in agriculture changed in the past 50yrs?
- Farmers/ranchers, what was biggest issue affecting your operation in 2012?
- Farmers/ranchers, how do you define sustainability on your farms/ranches?
- How do you want farmers and retailers to connect with you about your food?
- How do farmers/ranchers & consumers benefit from using social media technologies?
- What kind of experience can customers have when visiting their local farm?
- What is one executable idea you can take away from tonight’s convo?