Social Media and Agriculture This is the third anniversary of the #AgChat twitter conversation and to celebrate, the AgChat Foundation (@AgChatFound, celebrating it’s second anniversary!) gave away a cheese cake from Muddy Paws Cheesecakes (@MPCheesecake) to an #AgChat convo participant. The winner was Scott Smith (@d_scott) in Corvallis, Oregon.
Meanwhile, the topic for this #AgChat was social media and agriculture. It has been three years since #AgChat started and things have changed. What are the tools to use today? How about attitude of those in agriculture to social media? And what the challenges to farmers and ranchers to using social media today?
- What app or tool [as a farmer or rancher] do you find most useful for your daily operations (inc. SM)?
- Over last 3 yrs new SM channels added. Others updated. How do you feel on change?
- How does Pinterest and other ‘picture type’ sites fit into a social media strategy?
- Has the agriculture community learned how to correctly become social in terms of social media?
- Producer or Farmer? Profit or Earn A Living? What words do you use? ref via @ILFarmBureau http://ow.ly/i/wvUc
- What type of content do you find most engaging in terms of agriculture through social media?
- What are some of the ways agvocates are reaching their non-ag audience – hashtags, etc?
- What has been your biggest challenge when using social media in terms of agriculture?
- What are your goals to the non-agriculture community through the use of social media?
- How do we improve relating to the general public instead of other farmers?
- Ok folks, what’s your one executable idea from this evening’s convo?