We are excited to to announce that we are hiring a communications assistant to join our team.
AgChat Foundation, Inc
Mission: To empower farmers and ranchers to connect communities through social media platforms.
The AgChat Foundation is designed to help those who produce food, fuel, fiber and feed tell agriculture’s story from their point of view. The Foundation educates and equips farmers and ranchers with the skill sets needed to effectively engage on Twitter, Facebook, blogs, YouTube and other social media platforms.
Description:The AgChat Foundation (ACF) is seeking a self motivated individual to serve as a communications assistant. This position works directly with the farmer, rancher and agribusiness volunteers of the organization and reports to the executive director. The position will be broken down into two key areas of focus.
- Assist with daily social media interactions, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and blog. This includes posting status updates, tweets and replying to questions and comments.
- Work with board members and volunteers to produce, create/write and publish content on blog.
- Website updating as needed.
Event and Training Planning
- Assist with the planning and logistics of the ACF Agvocacy 2.0 Training Conference.
- Assist with developing promotional materials for ACF events
- Work with volunteers to implement special projects such as: webinars, e-newsletters, outreach, social media campaigns.
- Must have experience using social media platforms including but not limited to: WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest.
- Must have the ability to work remotely.
- Must have good proofreading skills.
- Some knowledge of the agriculture industry is desired.
- Access to and knowledge of desktop publishing software such as InDesign, Quark or Photoshop is desired.
- Must be able to attend ACF’s Agvocacy 2.0 Training Conference August 22-24 in Kansas City, MO.
Location: Working Remotely. Candidate must have access to their own computer, internet connection, and mobile phone.
Pay: This position is a contract position. The contractor must be able to dedicate 10 to 20 hours per week to this position. Please submit a detailed draft contract with pay expectations when applying.
Interested applicants need to send a resume, draft contract, references and two samples of writing or a link to a digital portfolio or blog to the ACF executive director, Emily Zweber, at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23, 2012. Please direct questions to Emily Zweber at email@example.com or 651-341-0430.