Food is a basic need but it is also much more to many. Our families celebrate the happiest of occasions with food at the centerpiece. Farmers cultivate the land to produce food for their families and communities. The US Farmer & Rancher Alliance is hosting a series of town halls on Thursday, September 22 in four locations across the US. In keeping with our mission to empower more farmers to others interested in food through social media, the AgChat Foundation is partnering to encourage social media involvement in the Food Dialogues.
The town hall meetings will enable many farmers, foodies, and others interested in participating in the conversation about food to have these conversations face-to-face in these four locations. Live feed through the web will allow many more to participate from their homes, schools, businesses and farms.
We hope you will join us for the discussion. There are several ways to be involved including:
- Learning more from the Food Dialogues website
- RVSPing for the USFRA official event
- Visiting the USFRA discussion site
- Joining the Food Dialogues Facebook page
- Placing a #FoodD twibbon on your current social media avatar
- Encouraging others to participate through status messages on Facebook, Twitter, etc or even writing a blog post or doing a video on the topic (feel free to leave a link here as we would like to share)
- Watching the Twitter search for the #FoodD hashtag. You can also watch for @cowartandmore, @FarmerHaley, @mpaynknoper, @RayLinDairy and @zjhunn along with @USFRA on Twitter before and during the events.
We hope you join many of the people in the AgChat Community in the dialogue as well as encouraging others both on the farm and who we join at the table in this discussion about one of the most basic human connections…. food.