Imagine one of the country’s biggest computer technology events and all the major players are there — Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, etc. All of those companies send their “heavy hitters” to talk about how they are doing things differently and how they are pioneering social media uses. Now put one of us, or even better a panel of farmers, ranchers and others engaged in agriculture and social media right in the center. You can help that vision become reality.
Agriculture is often under-represented and sometimes even mis-represented in public forums. We have an opportunity to change that at South by Southwest Interactive, one of the world’s leading Interactive conferences. The event will be held in Austin, Texas, from March 11th through the 15th, 2011. Voting for panels closes August 27th.
The AgChat Foundation team has submitted a proposal for a panel discussion called, Agvocacy 2.0: Adding a Human Voice to the Farm. A critical element in having that proposal accepted is having people vote for it and join the discussion surrounding the panel by posting insightful comments.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! Here’s a quick primer on how to go about registering, casting your vote and commenting.
1. You will first need to create an account with SXSW.
2. When you get your email confirmation, click on the long link, not the three below.
3. Clicking the link will confirm your registration.
4. Instead of browsing among nearly 3,000 submissions, click this link to go directly to Agvocacy 2.0: Adding a Human Voice to the Farm. You vote by clicking the Thumbs Up right below the title. Comments are allowed at the bottom of the voting page. You must be registered to vote and comment.
5. You may want to browse some of the other presentations and see what other topics may be there you are interested in supporting.
6. Please share this blog with others along with your encouragement for others to vote with your family, friends, your social media networks, etc.